How do i burn .avi files to a dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by istonedu321, Dec 18, 2005.

1. istonedu321 macrumors member

istonedu321

I have an entire simpsons season on my comp, and i want to burn it all to a dvd. WHen i put a blank dvd in my comp it doesnt show up on the desktop, so tried just dragging and dropping them into idvd but it says that it doesnt recognize the file. anybody know how i can go about doing this, and what is the best way to do this so i get the best quality.

2. iMAC G5dreamer macrumors member

Hi i have the exact same question,i have some .avi files (the simpsons as well) and im searching like crazy how to burn them to a dvd so that i can watch them in my dvd player ,please can somebody give us a hand here,i highly appreciate any help

thanks a lot
    daniel

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

If you have QuickTime PRO, download the .avi codec on google somewhere and then save as .mov.

that's how i do it.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Toast Titanium 7 would also work nicely, especially now that Popcorn has been integrated. That or QuickTime Pro will definitely do the trick for you guys!

5. istonedu321 thread starter macrumors member

istonedu321

are either of those free, if not how much do they cost.

6. enckwanzer macrumors member

QT Pro is $30USD from Apple. Toast is $80 from Roxio. IMHO, both are definitely worth having for all the different features they make available to you.

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Absolutely agree, both are well worth the cost. I have been a Toast owner since version 5 and it has been well worth the money. Especially now that they have integrated Popcorn into it for version 7, it makes it an even better deal. Feel free to read more about Toast Titanium 7 in the Guide I created for MacRumors.

So yes, either one will definitely do what you need to do, and more. Money well spent. :cool:

8. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I would strongly recommend Toast 7 Titanium. It's worth the cash and it appears to be on offer at most places at the moment too.

9. cvalda macrumors member

Make sure your DVD player can play .avi. I know mine can't, which was so disappointing to find out... But definently get Toast. It is so incredibly easy to use and worth every penny.