Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

istonedu321

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
paoli Pa
I have an entire simpsons season on my comp, and i want to burn it all to a dvd. WHen i put a blank dvd in my comp it doesnt show up on the desktop, so tried just dragging and dropping them into idvd but it says that it doesnt recognize the file. anybody know how i can go about doing this, and what is the best way to do this so i get the best quality.

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2004
Hi i have the exact same question,i have some .avi files (the simpsons as well) and im searching like crazy how to burn them to a dvd so that i can watch them in my dvd player ,please can somebody give us a hand here,i highly appreciate any help

thanks a lot
daniel

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
If you have QuickTime PRO, download the .avi codec on google somewhere and then save as .mov.

that's how i do it.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Toast Titanium 7 would also work nicely, especially now that Popcorn has been integrated. That or QuickTime Pro will definitely do the trick for you guys!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
enckwanzer said:
QT Pro is $30USD from Apple. Toast is $80 from Roxio. IMHO, both are definitely worth having for all the different features they make available to you.

Absolutely agree, both are well worth the cost. I have been a Toast owner since version 5 and it has been well worth the money. Especially now that they have integrated Popcorn into it for version 7, it makes it an even better deal. Feel free to read more about Toast Titanium 7 in the Guide I created for MacRumors.

So yes, either one will definitely do what you need to do, and more. Money well spent. :cool:

cvalda

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2005
chicago, il
Make sure your DVD player can play .avi. I know mine can't, which was so disappointing to find out... But definently get Toast. It is so incredibly easy to use and worth every penny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.