How do I change registration information on my MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mmackinven, Jun 28, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey, new to this forum and have an issue that has bugged me for a while now.
    I have a 2.66 i7 15" MBP that my old work got me, so it is registered with them. I have since left there and all my software is registered with the old company, how can I change this information?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61860569@N04/5880058455/in/photostream

2. macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Did you try Word > Preferences > User Information ? Mine just has my name, where it says company might change the "At Work"

3. Peter Franks, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

macrumors 65816

I've never really got why I see my Apple ID name under 'places' and elsewhere, and then the name I put in for my computer in other programmes, ie Log out. etc. Thought it would have been one name only if I'm the only user.

My Accounts name is the Name I used for computer, my work name, but in Places where my Docs, downloads, music, pictures etc., are under is the Apple ID name from my email address, same as that ID is used for 'users'. Shouldn't that also be my account name that I chose when I set up the MBP? What is the difference between the two, or is that normal on here?

4. macrumors 65816

OK, so it's not the most cohesive of questions, but is there a way to have the user name the same as the account name on the MBP, I don't really need or want two names, but that's how they make you set up when you switch on? Or are they all like this?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this, I tried it but it's still coming up with the company name :(