How do I change the desktop color?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by imac abuser, Dec 24, 2005.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hey there I'm using mac os 10.2.8 (work computer I know) and I can't figure out how to change the desktop color. Any tips? Thanks Chris

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

There may very well be a difference with the OS you mentioned, but try this: Start with the Apple menu ... then System Preferences ... now Desktop and Screen Saver for available choices. Click the Desktop option ... you will then see a window on the left containing various folders with choices ... small previews will appear on the right side.

You can change your current desktop to one of the others by clicking on another thumbnail image ... if a solid color is your preference, choose Solid Colors from that left side list and pick the one you want. When satisfied with your choice, close the Preferences window.

3. howesey macrumors 6502a

That's only pinboard backdrop though.

imac abuser, do you mean changing the look of the whole GUI?

4. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

No, I have a picture as my wallpaper that doesn't cover the entire background. The borders are black, and I just want to make the screen color back to blend with the picture. Please help :)

5. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

attached is a grab from tiger, may be of help

I seem to remember it wasn't too much different in 10.2, but it's been ages since i used it :)

Attached Files: