How do I change the picture size in OS X?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by rfrankl, Dec 31, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

I am a Mac newbie and enjoying it more every day, but I can't always figure out how to do something on here right away that I used to be able to do on my PC. Usually once I do though, it is amazing how much easier it is on a Mac.

How do I change the image size and file size of a pic? Do I need a 3rd party application, or can I do it in iPhoto? I don't see any options for that. Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502

your best bet is imagewell.
    here is alink to imagewell at macupdate- http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11375
    this will make it really easy for you to adjust image size. just drag and adjust. if you have trouble "just ask"

3. macrumors 6502

Another thing you can do is to pick the photo in iphoto and choose file->export. You can then specify what you want the image scaled to as well as choose from a couple file formats.

You can also choose to email the photo and it will allow you to pick between small, medium, or large.

4. macrumors 6502a

If you open Automator, there's a Preview action for scaling images to a given pixel size or percent of original.

5. macrumors 65816

Chone

I use Pixen, closest thing to Paint you´ll ever find, very neat app, universal binary, launches in less than a bounce on my MBP.

6. macrumors newbie

how to change the pixel size of a photo in iphoto

Go go iphoto > select the photo that you want to change the pixel size > export > scale images no larger than > 800 x 529 > export > and it is done!

7. macrumors member

Install parallels and windows and use paint -- only kidding.

8. macrumors G3

Kilamite

Assuming you are on Leopard, when you open any image in Preview, you can go to Tools --> Adjust Size.

9. macrumors 6502

montycat

This is how I do it also. MC

10. macrumors newbie

Changing photo size in iPhoto 9

To change the size of a photo in iPhoto, select the photo and on the file menu - export - under size, choose custom, and underneath you can choose a max dimension in pixels if you want to. I needed a 120 pixel max photo and tried 4 different photo editing programs and it took hours to figure this out. The size of the file is much smaller if you use a small number of pixels.