Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
When I click the 'report problem' next to the app in my purchase history in iTunes, I'm just redirected to the general mac app store support page in Safari, rather than the menu where you detail what the problem is.

:confused:

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
When I click the 'report problem' next to the app in my purchase history in iTunes, I'm just redirected to the general mac app store support page in Safari, rather than the menu where you detail what the problem is.

:confused:
That's odd...I just checked and the Report Problem worked fine. If I'm not mistaken, however, the refund claim must be submitted within 30 days of purchase; at least, that's what I'm seeing.

All sales are final for apps.
I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I had a problem with an app, submitted a refund request 3 days after purchase, and received a credit instantly.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011

That's odd...I just checked and the Report Problem worked fine. If I'm not mistaken, however, the refund claim must be submitted within 30 days of purchase; at least, that's what I'm seeing.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I had a problem with an app, submitted a refund request 3 days after purchase, and received a credit instantly.

Thanks, I didn't know about the 30 days thing, that's probably the issue. I've already agreed with the developer that he'll reimburse me, so I'll go the other route he offered me which was paypal.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Not true. I've been refunded for two apps. One app did not do what it said it was supposed to do and that alone was a direct violation of the App-approval guidelines and the other did what it said it would do but in 3 months the dev pulled the app and said he was no longer going to support it. Using his message on his site, I was able to get a refund. There are many more I could probably pursue but the two I did seek a refund on were mostly on principal alone.

I do not try to get refunds on apps that I simply don't care for or that I just decided I didn't need after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.