How do I connect my macbook to my TV via wireless LAN

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ladycertz, Feb 25, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook and I am trying to connect it to my TV. I have a Sony Bravia EX700 and a Sony wireless LAN adapter. With the adapter, I am able to get internet on my TV, but I can't seem to connect my macbook to my TV. Any suggestions?:(

2. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

What are you trying to accomplish here? If you're getting internet on your TV (I assume you have a wireless network in the house?), what more are you looking to do?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have wireless internet. But I want to watch/view what's on my laptop, on my TV. Any suggestions? :confused:

4. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Connect it with hdmi, vga, or dvi (there are also many other options)

5. macrumors 6502a

v66jack

My brother attempted setting this up a while back, gave up and just connected an external hard drive to the TV, then transfered films and stuff to the hard drive.

I know you can steam from a computer to a TV through LAN but it's not that straightforward I don't think. Unless you have multiple TV's which you all want to show the same film I wouldn't bother.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Not interested in hdmi, vga, or any other hardwired form - thanks. I am looking for wireless streamlining (or whatever it's called) ;)

7. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

You're gonna need an Apple TV to do it wirelessly.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

9. macrumors newbie

Are you still looking for the solution?

It could be too late but...
    Try Serviio if you want to watch the contents in your mac on Smart TV