How do I contact AIM? I am very unhappy with AOL

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by johnbro23, May 9, 2006.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

After searching the web for a number to call, filling out a dead end form, and trying to navigate through a buggy website, I've just about had it with AOL.

Someone has been signing onto my screen name and harassing and threatening members of my buddy list. I'm trying to change the password to my account (it's still the same password). When I get to AIM's page to change the password, it asks me to type in a series of funky numbers and letters, then I click next, and the same page of funky letters and numbers reappers. I've tried this on windows with no luck either.

So I just want to change my password. How can I get ahold of someone from AOL? There are no phone numbers...no forms on their website...nothing. I am very frustrated, as you can probably tell.

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I highly doubt that AOL has much tech service for their free service AIM. You probably have to just make a new screename ... or do your best and try to change the p-word. I hope you entered a real email address when you registered or you might have some serious problems.

Is there any way for you to figure out who it is? ... Did you leave your password on at someones house?

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know exactly who it is. It's my ex girlfriend who is doing everything in her power to ruin my life. She just stole money out of my locker for the third time (finally realized it was her after second time)...principals caught her and got her suspended. Thats just the tip of the iceburg. But yea, what can I do about it? I didn't think there was anything I could do, but maybe I'm wrong?

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Have you tried multiple browsers? You didn't use firefox on the mac and then try it on firefox on windows did you? Try internet explorer if you haven't.

e

5. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

can you say pshyco? :eek: that sucks man, i think the easiest fix may just be to get a new screen name, and tell all your friends to ignore the other one.