How do I convert an NRG video format?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bree-nxd, Dec 28, 2005.

1. bree-nxd macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2005
    I downloaded an NRG movie file... (I'm new to this), and now I need to convert it so I can burn it to dvd and play it in my regular dvd player. Toast doens't recognise the file format and can't convert it... I believe that NRG file format is a PC application called Nero. I tried just renaming it and calling it an iso file but Toast doesn't like this either.

Any help most appreciated.
    Bree - No Doubt
  2. TechZone macrumors member

Dec 27, 2004
    Some Info

A NRG file, as is a ISO file, is basically a complete image of a CD-Rom. The problem with NRG files is that they require you to have Nero in order to burn them - also most virtual CDRom tools do not support Nero (like the free CD-Daemon).
  3. road dog macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2004
    i've had some success with NRG files in Toast... you can't just add it to the video window... as previous poster says... an NRG files is a disc image.

to use with toast, go to the Copy tab, and choose Image in the left hand drawer, then drag/drop the NRG file into the Toast window.

from there you can save as a new disc image (File > Save As Disc Image) which will convert it into a Mac format image, or burn to a CD.
  4. cinnarose macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2007
    I've tried to do as the previous poster recommended, by doing a Save As Disc Image, but it doesn't work. Toast will start chugging along, and then stop with an error message that says "Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -50." Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? I looked up what an Error Code -50 is, but that didn't shed any light on the problem.
  5. maito macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2007
  6. D.G. macrumors member

Oct 24, 2006
    You could give this a try (I've never used it):

7. sulhaq macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2006
    nrg2iso works fine in regard to burning the ISO images. That is I had a Windows XP image in nrg format and I used urg2iso to burn a Windows XP cd....worked just fine. Then I tried using the ISO image directly to install windows in Parallels and Parallels told me the image is corrupted. Not sure why this happens or if it has been fixed in later versions. It's been a long time since I used nrg2iso. Hope this helps.
  8. D.G. macrumors member

Oct 24, 2006
    Actually, I think if you mount an image which is not locked it's possible to alter it subtly which can cause this kind of issue. It might just be superstitious of me, but I always lock disk images I intend to use like that.