How Do I....[create interactive CDs]

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jermsmingy, May 11, 2003.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

create interactive CDs. Is Toast Titanium the best or is there something else.

What I am doing is putting a small 5-7 minute promo video together in Final Cut Express for a conference. I want to send out CDs for advertisement and I want people to be able to pop it into a mac or pc and the video show. Then have a pdf or the registration form on the CD also and just a few other things like a link to the website. I have never done this before and I would like to also make CD labels. I am looking to not spend to much money. I think Toast is a good price, but I want to make sure that it will do everything that I need it to do. Thanks for your comments.

Jeremy

2. jermsmingy thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone done this before?

I was hoping to get at least one reply if to see if Toast Titanium would do what I want. Thanks

3. cc bcc macrumors 6502

With Toast you can of course burn a cd, but it will not have any interactivity. Director will do just fine, but it won't be cheap at all.

But HTML is a good way to do what you want. You can make an offline website, without the normal internet connection restrictions. You can link to the files/website from the offline website. You can also have the video played inside a browser window.

I don't know any cheap cd label layout software.

4. pinks macrumors regular

I would use Dreamweaver to develop a self-contained html-based 'website' housed on your CD-Rom. You can embed video, sounds, pictures and text in an interactive environment which should work for both PCs and Mac (with a little amount of effort).

I've used a CD-labelling package called, if I remember correclty, "Afterburner" from a company called Avery (i think). It wasn't expensive at all - about £25 and it worked really well. It has templates for CD-labels and CD-cases and produces pretty sweet glossy, professional effects.

I really reckon this could be the way to go for you.

Good luck with your project.

- pinks