How do I create my own iTunes radio station from scratch?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by patent10021, Sep 27, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

patent10021

I have been clicking the + sign to create a station but all this does is let you select stations that already exist based on your song or artist choice.

Can I not create my own station with the artists I choose?

i.e. start with a blank station and keep adding artists/songs I like to the station AND then add custom station artwork and title?

p.s. I thought this service was going to be called iRadio. It seems to still be iTunes Radio.

2. macrumors regular

i think you search for the song or artist you want songs from or like them. Ill be happier and know more when itunes radio is available in more than ONE country

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

patent10021

Yes that is how you FIND a station you like. But I want to create my own station from a blank station using my own cover art and title like I see on iTunes Radio. I don't know how these people are creating their own station titles.

p.s. iTunes Radio is frikkin' great.

4. patent10021, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

thread starter macrumors 68000

patent10021

Found one thing I wanted but it's still not the same as creating my own station from a blank page.

Btw, you can FaceBook stations but how do you Facebook songs?

Attached Files:

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

patent10021

Sharing a station on FB is simple but sharing a song on FB took some exploring.

This is how you do it in 3 stages. But note how the FB share post doesn't say iTunes Radio. It just says iTunes store. I get it but would prefer it to be more of a communal share rather than purchase link. Oh well.

Attached Files:

6. macrumors regular

Glad you found out what you need :) GREAT song choice there too, i love that Silhouettes remix!