Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I want to delete (I will keep a copy) of all my screensavers except for:
Random
Pictures Folder
iCalSaver

Problem is, when I try to delete the other ones, the ones in system/library won't let me delete or move them. Likewise the ones under system/library/framework

I would also like to duplicate "Pictures Folder" too so that I can have different groups of pics screensavering. But when I tried this both copies kept pointing to the same folder.

thanks

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Re: How do I delete system screensavers?

Originally posted by ChrisH3677
I want to delete (I will keep a copy) of all my screensavers except for:
Random
Pictures Folder
iCalSaver

Problem is, when I try to delete the other ones, the ones in system/library won't let me delete or move them. Likewise the ones under system/library/framework

I would also like to duplicate "Pictures Folder" too so that I can have different groups of pics screensavering. But when I tried this both copies kept pointing to the same folder.

thanks
I can't help you on the first question, but the 2nd one is easy.

If you want a Screen Saver module with your own pictures, I've found the best way to do it is by creating a new folder and putting the pictures you want in there. Then, rename the folder to something like Chris.slideSaver . Next, put the folder into your user Library->ScreenSaver folder.

The next time you bring up the Screen Saver System Preference, you'll be able to select the "Chris" module.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
woohoo!!! :)

good one ftaok. And guess what else? I experimented with that one and found that you only need to create an alias/shortcut to a directory/folder where your images are, then rename it to nnnnn.slideSaver (where nnnnn is any name)

Interestingly, I couldn't get it to work until i made the "S" in "Saver" uppercase.

hey!! and another cool thing - i have duel monitors and they each show a different pic!!

now i'm curious - am going to have to experiment a bit. :)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by ChrisH3677
woohoo!!! :)

good one ftaok. And guess what else? I experimented with that one and found that you only need to create an alias/shortcut to a directory/folder where your images are, then rename it to nnnnn.slideSaver (where nnnnn is any name)

Interestingly, I couldn't get it to work until i made the "S" in "Saver" uppercase.

hey!! and another cool thing - i have duel monitors and they each show a different pic!!

now i'm curious - am going to have to experiment a bit. :)
Chirs,

I didn't know about the alias trick. I'll have to try that out. It would make it easier to back up my "users", since I wouldn't have to remember to back up those library files.

Learn something new every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.