How do I determine the time?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jordan2, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jordan2 macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2006
    I am in Tiger on my iMac G5 and use both Safari and Firefox web browsers. How can I tell what website I was on today at a particular time. My history is there but I cant' figure out how to determine where I was at 6:46 PM, for example.I downloaded some files and can't remember the site where I got them.
  2. ahuman7341 macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2005
    Fairbanks, AK
    I don't know of a way to do your first question but if you want to know where you downloaded a file from get info on it and it will tell you the web site.
  3. reh macrumors 6502a

Oct 24, 2003
    The download url is under the "More Info" tab of the Get Info window by the way.

Attached Files:

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

Jan 25, 2005
    "How do I determine the time?"... must resist temptation to say "Look at watch/clock".

Natively, the best way to do it would be to organise your History by 'Last Visited'. This gives you a rough idea, but is by no means the ideal solution. Your best bet would be to install the Enhanced History Extension for Firefox.

Theres an extension for almost everything in Firefox.. I love it! Only reason I ever use Safari now is if I've just closed Firefox and need to quickly browse to a page and can't wait the 2-3 seconds for Firefox to open :)