1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How Do I Do This?

Discussion in 'Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback' started by jcsurfn, Apr 19, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

I just put iTunes on a PC. I also have a Mac. :D

My question is I have some songs on the PC that are windows media files I think. How do I import them into iTunes? I tryed doing the import and finding the songs but they did not show as if they were not there?

Or how can I convert those windows media files to a MP3 file?

Man I like my Mac much better. :D

Thank You

Jeff

2. macrumors newbie

Wow, does anyone know?

Thank You

Jeff

3. macrumors regular

I haven't tried it, but there is a program on VersionTracker called EasyWMA that should do the trick for you. Here is the link. Hope it helps you with your problem.

4. macrumors newbie

You have to use that programe on the Mac. I was wondering if on a PC if there is any way to convert the windows media file to a MP3 file with iTunes or something?

That is good to know that I can do it on my Mac. Thank You for the link.

Thank You

Jeff

5. macrumors newbie

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank You

Jeff

6. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Jeff,

You might have better luck on the ipodlounge.com forums. They have an iTunes for windows forum there and many windows users.

7. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

There's a conversion tool at this site called WMA to MP3 converter which will do the task, but I believe that WinAMP can do this as well, along with WMP9 itselt, I think.
    http://www.wma-mp3.com/

8. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I may be wrong, but doesn't iTunes convert WMA songs automatically? I'm working on switching over a friend and got him to use iTunes as a start and I think he said when he imported his WMA's it converted them...

9. macrumors regular

Your right iTunes does convert unprotected WMA's. At least that's what it says here.

Edit: I just realized this is an old thread. iTunes probably didn't have that feature at the time. I need to start paying attention :rolleyes: