How do I download video to my Motorola SLVR?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Moof1904, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I just got a new Motorola SLVR cell phone and it supports video (3GP).

I'd like to convert some of the video on my G5 to play on the cell phone, but I have two issues:

1) How do I download video from my G5 to the phone?

The manual for the phone provides instructions for connecting the cell phone to the computer using the included USB cable and transferring data (video, still images, sounds) from the computer to the phone. Though the instructions were written for Windows, the same procedure seems like it would work for the Mac, as I've connected the phone, it mounts as a removable drive, and I see the same directories that are talked about in the manual, but when I put a video (3GP) in the suggested location, it doesn't show in the video menu of the phone.

2) What particular flavor of (3GP) does this phone play?

The problem above _may_ be because I've encoded in the wrong format, but the phone also fails to recognize still images that I download from the G5, so I think there's more to the problem than just encoding.

Many thanks!

2. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hello? Hello?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

A) Wait longer before bumping
    2) Try using Bluetooth

4. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for responding.

I'm not sure what you mean by (A).

I've read the manual on the subject of Bluetooth and moving objects from the phone to another device seems straightforward, but the manual isn't clear how to move objects in the opposite direction, from a computer to the phone. (FWIW, sync-ing with Address book works fine via Bluetooth.)

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

On my ROKR you have to go into edit (those 4 horizontal lines) and Switch Storage Device to the TransFlash thing instead of Phone in videos. That's where your transferred videos should be. According to the manual, it supports standard MPEG4 and H.263 128x96 48kbps 15fps video.

6. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

(A) means "Patience is a virtue"...don't "bump" your post (i.e.) post #2 in such a short time...let the question marinate.

7. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh, patience. I'll have to work on that...

Thanks for the Bluetooth suggestion. Using the Bluetooth (instead of the USB cable) revealed some data transfer options that I didn't see the first time (when I was more focused on address book syncing). Using these file transfer functions worked for both still image and video transfer.

Thanks, Gang!