how do I eject a CD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theimp, Nov 14, 2006.

1. theimp macrumors member

I just tried to install Windows XP home on my machine with parallels. But, I don't have the key anymore, I found a way to find it on the CD, but now the CD icon is gone from the desktop. How do I either browse the CD or eject the CD now?

2. 66217 Guest

People will start to say you have a pirate copy.:D

But I was in the same situation sometime ago. My college gave me a Cd to install XP but the URL to get the key was printed in the Cd. But a call to college solved the problem.

The only way of ejecting the Cd. would be by quitting the installation. Unless Parallels lets you eject the Cd. Because via BootCamp you are unable.

3. theimp thread starter macrumors member

Ok, once I quit parallels, the CD icon came back to the desktop and I could eject it. It actually is my own copy, it has dell and everything on the front, but no Key, I guess the key was on the CD case or something?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If it says Dell on it, the CD will probably let you install it only on the Dell machine it is designed for. I don't think you'll be able to install it on your Mac.

5. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

no you can install it on your mac. I have a freind with a Mac book and a diffrent one with the Mac Book Pro and i did some 'testing' (installing) and you could install a dell copy.

I also believe that to eject the CD you have to restart your machine and hold c at the start OR maybe ctrl C (i'm not sure) try looking it up on the Mac website