Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
I'm installing bootcamp with Windows 7.

I can't see how to eject the Windows 7 installation disc to proceed to the next step of installing the drivers from the Mac OS disc.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with not be able to perform the right button mouse click equivalent. I can left mouse click, but not right mouse click.

Got the answer from Apple support. Okay now.

Shutdown Windows 7. Power up holding down the Option key. Select disc, & press eject button on MBP.

Last edited:

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2008
London
Other way:

1. In Windows open the Explorer (cmd + e)
2. Select the DVD in the drive list on the left side.
3. Click: File --> Eject

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
Other way:

1. In Windows open the Explorer (cmd + e)
2. Select the DVD in the drive list on the left side.
3. Click: File --> Eject

I don't see an option for executing 3, i.e., I don't see a File menu.

Last edited:

johnnj

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2008
Not here
In the past (maybe it's different now), Post-install Windows wasn't able to eject the Win install disk the normal ways (right click, kbd shortcuts, etc) because it needed a driver that gets installed from the Bootcamp installer.

That's why Apple said to restart it and eject the disk before it had a chance to mount. Then you can install the Bootcamp stuff which enables the eject button and the normal ejection means within Windows.

Maybe it's different now, but that's what I experienced consistently in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.