How do I enable Java in TenFourFox?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by keremtezcan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

keremtezcan

I think that you go to about:config and change something there...I have tried changing some stuff but nothing works? Could someone tell me how I enable Java? I don't care about the junk TenFourFox say about it being 'unsafe' since it works on fine on Safari, but Apple haven't updated Safari for PPC for a Loooonnnngggg time and it is too slow. I have a Dual G5 btw.
    ;)

2. macrumors P6

Intell

Java for PowerPC Macs is extremely unsafe. It should be avoided at all costs. Why do you want to enable it?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

keremtezcan

There is a Java game website that I really want to go on:
    http://www.java4k.com
    as well as other websites too.

It works on Safari and on my friends' computers and I was wondering how to enable it. TenFourFox also disabled flash saying that flash was also 'unsafe' but I have enabled Flash. But I can't figure out how to enable Java! :(:confused:

4. macrumors 65816

"To reenable plugins in TenFourFox go to the address field and type about:config. Press return and click on the "I'll be careful, I promise" button.

In the filter input type "tenfourfox".

You now see TenFourFox related preferences and can set new values by Double clicking each preference.

To reenable set "tenfourfox.plugins.enabled" to true and "tenfourfox.layout.hideplugins" to false.

If you want the java plugin activated set "tenfourfox.layout.hide_java_plugin" to false. Close the window or go to a web site to verify.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

keremtezcan

I tried that before this post cos I read about it on another post but it didn't work. :(

6. macrumors P6

Intell

Flash is just as unsafe, if not more unsafe than Java on a PowerPC machine. They are both full of unpatched security holes that can be used to gain access into your machine and obtain your information.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

keremtezcan

I know...but I'll take the risk.

8. macrumors member

Nothing is safe. Best not to turn on your computer at all if you're so scared.

9. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Honestly. Some things are less safe than others. Intell was smart in pointing that out to a user that might have concerns about their security. What's the big deal?

If you have nothing intelligent to say, don't say anything.
    Thank you.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

keremtezcan

Anyway, does anybody know how to enable Java?

11. macrumors member

Then why do you keep posting here? Please follow your own advice.