how do i find my wep key

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by poohat1000, Mar 28, 2006.

1. poohat1000 macrumors 6502

poohat1000

hi i didnt set up my connectiom, i need to work out what my wep key is- how do i find such hidden information?

(yes...mario kart... and yes, i did search)

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

plug your computer directly into the router with an ethernet cable. Access the router setup page, and look for wireless settings. Details of router would be useful for people to help. :rolleyes:

3. poohat1000 thread starter macrumors 6502

poohat1000

i cant do that, internet comes in via draytek - into a pc - then into airport, draytek is like in other room, how the **** do i find out what my wep password is!!!!!!! :mad:

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. zami macrumors regular

On the back of the Draytek, the opposite end from the on-off switch is an indented reset switch. Push it and hold it still it starts flashing quickly and then let go.

On mine at least (2600) it is 192.168.1.1 and then "admin" and left blank to access the settings from your browser. After a reset that is.

6. tarnishd macrumors newbie

Using Airport Admin

Hi,

If you are an administrator to this router, or have access to use the AirPort Admin Utility you can find the WEP key and pass phrase. If you would like the WEP passphrase only and do not have admin access to your router then you can find that in the Keychain utility.

To find the WEP key and pass phrase using the AirPort Admin Utility start by opening it up. I use a nice little application called Quicksilver so its as simple as typing it. Now, just click on the Password button in the top left of the window and up pops your key and passphrase.

Regards,

t

7. MychalGee macrumors newbie

I have a PC and just got a Macbook Pro, but can't find my WEP password to connect my Mac to my PC's internet!

Can anyone help? Please?

8. ohkuipo macrumors member

I'd venture to say you're misunderstanding your wireless network. PCs typically do not broadcast a wireless signal, are you referring to the signal that is broadcasted from your wireless router? If so, try resetting the router if you cannot remember your password.