Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penguinman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I have a 12'' powerbook that I want to get a gigabyte of ram for it. I know that it has 256 mb builtin right now and I know that I can fit 1.25 gb max.. but i dont know which kind to get specifically. I have been searching for my computers specs on apples site for awhile now but I can't find the right one..

1.33ghz 12'' powerbook

AJBMatrix

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2006
Athens, Georgia
Yeah, well I know my computer hardware. I did not even have to look that question up. I do a lot of odd jobs and fixing people's computers is one of them. In fact I am going to someone's house later tonight to install 1 GB of RAM for them. Nice quick 30 dollars.

penguinman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
thanks, how does new egg compare to tiger direct? i live by tiger direct

edit: nevermind bad post..

edit: actually tigerdirect doesnt have that large of memory at the store, i'd have to order it. is newegg delivery quick? tigerdirect is fast.. but more expensive prices

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I would stay away from Tiger Direct on principle alone...they sued Apple to try to stop them from using the word "Tiger."

AJBMatrix

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2006
Athens, Georgia
NewEgg has everything. It has software, hardware, extras, DVDs, CDs, (EVERYTHING). It is really the site that I go to because I find that it has the lowest prices of anywhere including Ebay sometimes. But I find it to have a really nice selection as well. I think the selection is significantly larger than Tiger Direct. So you can search there anytime you want and find almost anything. They have a wonderful site. I love it. Built a few computers by it too. They are really reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.