Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infoplease1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
like i downloaded and installed the recent jailbreak last week, the one where you didnt need a computer, thing is it was semi tethered, so i ended up restarting my phone cause it was going slow, after that i couldnt open cydia, it would open for half a sec then close, so today i went on my phone and reset everything, all setting and data(everything) i didnt back up, i set my iphone up as a new iphone, when i got back to my screen the cydia app icons were still there. i dont have access to a computer, how do i get this off my phone? if the phone company sees this they will void my iphone

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
when i got back to my screen the cydia app icons were still there. i dont have access to a computer, how do i get this off my phone? if the phone company sees this they will void my iphone

Forgive me for checking the obvious. If you press and hold one of the icons until they start to shake, is there an option to delete them from there?

If not it may be best to try another reset: Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings

infoplease1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
Forgive me for checking the obvious. If you press and hold one of the icons until they start to shake, is there an option to delete them from there?

If not it may be best to try another reset: Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings

no option for the ex and i did that, reset and they are still here

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I guess you need to jailbreak again, and use cydia impactor? Or something similar, to safely unjailbreak your device. This can be done without having computer.

infoplease1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
I guess you need to jailbreak again, and use cydia impactor? Or something similar, to safely unjailbreak your device. This can be done without having computer.

I jail broke again but this time my Cydia isn't the same. It has no files, no nothing.
[doublepost=1470237943][/doublepost]What should I do

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    91 KB · Views: 157

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I jail broke again but this time my Cydia isn't the same. It has no files, no nothing.
[doublepost=1470237943][/doublepost]What should I do
Then this is difficult. I have no experience on jailbreak after all.
You really need a Mac to restore or update your firmware before trying anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.