How do I get full res photos and videos off my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calviin, Oct 8, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 601

PNutts

On Windows the iPhone is mapped to a drive letter.

See title.

3. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

What exactly do you mean? Can you elaborate? There are numerous ways to get photos and videos off of an iPhone (iPhoto, email, etc.).

4. macrumors 6502

If you have a Mac, Connect your iPhone to it via the USB cable and then on the upper right hand of your screen use the spotlight feature (magnifying glass) and search for "Image Capture". This will let you transfer the photos and videos in their original size to your computer.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

6. macrumors member

Does anyone else think it is silly that itunes cant show pictures sitting on a freaking iphone? :confused::rolleyes::(

7. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

blkonblk17, told you how to do it without iPhoto. You can use any camera image downloading app. Image Capture is the native OS X one that works well. Just Spotlight search for "Image Capture." It'll be the first entry.

Why would it? It doesn't show you what pictures you have on your canon/nikon point & shoot does it? Same concept.

OS X and Windows sees the iPhone camera as a camera and not some other device.

8. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

If you have windows, go to file manage and navigate to your iPhone. Open up the DCIM folder and your pics will be there

9. macrumors member

>>> Why would it? It doesn't show you what pictures you have on your canon/nikon point & shoot does it? Same concept.

Well itunes doesn't show me what music I have on my iriver mp3 player. So no, it's not the same concept. Nor will it show me music I have stored on my canon/nikon media card. Again not the same concept.

I guess some people including me misunderstand that itunes is a software package that is used to manage "data" on the iphone/ipod/ipad. It only manages some data.

itunes will show me what music is on the phone and let me play it.

itunes will show me what video/movies I have on the iphone and let me play them as long as the videos were not taken by the iphone. To me that is silly.

I believe many people would enjoy being able to have their iphone connected to itunes, look at devices/x iphone/pictures and see what pictures are there just like you can for music, movies, tv shows and books.

It is what it is. No big deal I guess.

10. macrumors 68000

steve knight

you can always email them 3 at a time.you can use dropbox too though that's one at a time. there is a app that will upload them all to dropbox when you are on wifi.

11. macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Email the full resolution images to yourself and then open in CS5 or whatever application you use to edit.

12. macrumors 601

OneMike

This

13. macrumors 65816

ddublu

Perfect tip. Thanks.

14. macrumors 6502a

iRobby

on my PC i go to My Computer-> click on iPhone and the photos and videos are there also you can configure the camera wizard to locate the phone