How do I get more traffic to my site?

Discussion in 'Community' started by icetraxxg5, Jun 22, 2002.

1. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

I was wondering how I can get more traffic to my site? My site is a new Mac/Animation/Entertainment based message board and it currently has 6 members but I would like more soon. Thanks! P.S. If you wish to check it out click here (it is hosted off my home network). :cool:

2. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

I'm a member now, if that helps:D My name is schizzlefuzz

3. clubsport macrumors member

I'm registering now, my username will probably be Cozzie, so have a look.

I think that the best way to get more traffic is by word of mouth. When more users have joined the number will get higher very quickly.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I've joined up... glad to see an anime thread there. Seems like most of the people are posting up things they have seen on cartoon network's midnight run. :rolleyes: Sad, very sad...

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

You've said it. It is very discouraging when you see some of that cartoon network stuff and compare it to foriegn animation.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Aye, granted SOME of what is up on toonami is decent, it's mostly the plain jane stuff. Once you see the real stuff, you can't imagine going back to that stuff. I have more then a few anime dvd's in my collection (since I stopped buying tapes) which continues to grow. I got started with BGC back in the 80's and was hooked ever since. I cut my teeth on the subtitled version, so now I can't handle the dubbed stuff too much. I have seen more then a few with MAJOR voice errors (100% wrong accents and/or voice characteristics).

7. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is VERY sad, You don't see me go off posting about cartoon network stuff in my own MB! I DONT LIKE CARTOON NETWORK! Just a reminder that it is the other people that are posting at my board that are into that :(

8. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I have joined up.. hope to share some of my experience in anime... :D

irmongoose

9. Insane macrumors newbie

Well I admit I do watch Adult Swim and Toonami on occasion but I still have a large library of non-dub anime.

10. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't care for anime just yet because I am not really into it, Now that my MB has a forum in it for that then maybe...

11. Macette macrumors 6502

Hi Icetraxx - thank you! You have indirectly helped me to find a VBulletin style message board thingo for FREE! And it works! I was pissing around with VBulletin Lite and it sucked. So now I can become a moderator of my own highly-successful forum (mwah ha ha)

12. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

PHPBB2's are nice, They are a little slow compared to vB boards but they also have some advantages over vB boards but PHPBB2's are FREE! (They are the BEST free message boards there are, You also have to supply the hosting for them just like vB and UBB boards)

13. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you implying that my forum isn't successful after a day and a half with 14 members?! :eek:

14. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Back online!

I got the forums back online after a power failure... more info here.

All registered members should have gotten an email about this problem earlier.

15. coolocity macrumors regular

Best way to get more traffic for your site : post it in the MacRumors forums :D A shameless link in the sig. never hurt anyone either.

16. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

I actually took my link out of my sig when I changed it, but I think I'll put it back. I've been getting 30-40 visits amonth form here, ain't community Cool?:D