Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I had an iPhone 3G and sold it about 7 months ago. I just got a new 3GS. How do I get the apps I already purchased back?

I look in the billing section of iTunes (previous purchases) and they are all listed (well, actually 1 seems to be missing) but if I try to download them again it is going to charge me.

Am I SOL or can I get these back?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
download them again from an authorized computer (not your new iphone) and you'll be fine

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
I had an iPhone 3G and sold it about 7 months ago. I just got a new 3GS. How do I get the apps I already purchased back?

I look in the billing section of iTunes (previous purchases) and they are all listed (well, actually 1 seems to be missing) but if I try to download them again it is going to charge me.

Am I SOL or can I get these back?

It only says it`ll charge you but once you click the buy button it`ll give you the message "You have already bought this app. To download it again for free press OK". It wont charge you again as long as you make sure you are using the same iTunes account with which you bought the apps previously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.