How do I get passbook to work on my iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Jan 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

I downloaded some of the apps for passbook but when I tap passbook it just has a link to the iTunes Store.

2. macrumors member

You have to add the app to passbook by first opening the app you downloaded and then there should be an option to add it to passbook. From there you can see the app in the passbook app itself.

3. macrumors 6502a

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol i just got the Starbucks app to work on it. Put 25 on my card seems cool.

5. macrumors 68000

alksion

That didn't work for me at all. No choice to add anything to passbook.

I'm really beginning to the think this is true. I could see it getting axed eventually.

6. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Works great for Starbucks and even target, but other than that, it's pretty useless. But I do use it for Starbucks often.

7. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Unless you travel often there's not a whole lot of great uses. Gift cards, coupons, and movie tickets are about it for passbook for those of us who aren't frequent flyers.

8. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Yup pretty much. A few people on MR who travel a ton swear by passbook though. For what I do use it for though, it's great. It gets too much hate. It's a great idea/application, just needs more uses.

9. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Awesome tool on a business trip. Just saying.

10. macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

hotel booking confirmations, rewards cards from walgreens, boarding passes and concert tickets from ticket master....very good uses.... passbook is new give it time

11. macrumors 68000

alksion

We shall see. If it evolves, then nice, but if it goes down the road of ping, then we already know the answer to that one.

12. macrumors 68020

macingman

Ping and passbook are completely unrelated. Passbook is going to be expanded on in the future with things like NFC. Ping was a fail idea which apple never even really tried.

Passbook is already supported by many big companies and saves me 30+ minutes at airports. I literally just get out the taxi and walk straight to the plane.

A mobile device replacing wallets is the next major development in technology, and in fact the technology for it already exists, it just has to be adopted, and passbook is the first step.

13. macrumors 68000

alksion

Well then, we shall see.. ;)

14. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I use it for some store loyalty cards ( whish more where native to it). The Walgreens one works well, pops up on my lock screen when i walk into my local store.

On a side note, i just deleted some passes it created for a christmas event and the shredder thing kind of freaked me out at first.