Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firesign3394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2011
Minnesota
I use metax to get metadata for my movies and TV shows, and I want my library to look complete.

I can't figure out a way where I can have both a season artwork and episode poster frame. It's possible since this is how it works for content purchased from iTunes.

On the Appletv it just shows the image of the season artwork for every episode and I would love for it to be a legit poster frame.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I use metax to get metadata for my movies and TV shows, and I want my library to look complete.

I can't figure out a way where I can have both a season artwork and episode poster frame. It's possible since this is how it works for content purchased from iTunes.

On the Appletv it just shows the image of the season artwork for every episode and I would love for it to be a legit poster frame.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

I don't think it is possible with local media. Unless, of course, you make every episode it's own file (no season organization) and tag it manually with your chosen artwork.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I use Plex, which automatically downloads metadata, subtitles and movie and TV posters. It's also a better way to view them than iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.