Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006

Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 11.31.00 AM by davidaltemeier, on Flickr

This has started popping up after booting since I upgraded to ML.
The odd thing is I had uninstalled Little Snitch (using App Zapper) way before upgrading the OS. I can't find any refrences to it in Startup Items or anywhere else.

Anybody know how I can get rid of this?

Thanks

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
You should have used the Uninstaller that comes with the program. It's probably installed a kernel extension that needs cleaning up. You may find installing it again with a compatible version, rebooting, then running the uninstaller, will sort out the error. Either that or it's time to start hunting through your file system in the Terminal.

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Actually Little Snitch Version 2.5.3 also works on ML. The OP probably pirated it and runs a much older version.

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
I deleted it because it was annoying, not cause it was pirated. :rolleyes:

Atanyrate, I'd gotten rid of it some time ago, so totally forgot there was an unistaller. Thanks for the tips.

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
I deleted it because it was annoying, not cause it was pirated. :rolleyes:

Atanyrate, I'd gotten rid of it some time ago, so totally forgot there was an unistaller. Thanks for the tips.

I don't believe you - you knew what it does when you installed it.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012

I am sure the OP will be devastated that a stranger on the Internet doesn't believe them.

I installed Little Snitch and it was initially interesting to see how many times my MBA communicated with the Internet. After a week of it, it became annoying. However, I found the Uninstaller.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

No need to cast aspersions, at one point of owning little snitch, I too forgot about the installer and I also started getting annoyed with the notifications of stuff being blocked. Sure, that its job, but with so many apps "phoning home" for what ever reason it got old fast.

As for uninstalling, its easy to forget that it has its own uninstaller because so many OSX are uninstalled by way of drag and drop

dyk95112

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Suspect. Behaving badly.

I can't seem to get rid of it. Killing the processes just get restarted, virus-like. You ought to be able to easily get rid of it. User's choice. Otherwise, the program ought to be very clear about what it's doing, especially with easily hidden things like background processes. Obvious espionage target. Ridiculous if it weren't so serious. Re-installing OS now. Probably Ubuntu. Debian, CentOS, have signs of being infiltrated as well. It looks really bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.