How do I get rid of one zit?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Abstract, May 13, 2005.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    How do I get rid of a single zit that's bothering me?

I mean, I'm not talking about a huge problem. I took Accutane years ago, and since then it has been much better. Didn't rid me of the problem, but its definitely not as bad as before. :)

However, I have this one zit, and I was wondering if there was some magic you can do to get rid of it quickly? Its for something I have tomorrow and on Sunday. I have read about putting toothpaste on it, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll try that after I finish writing this thread up. ;)
  2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Hmm dunno... I usually wait it out, cause that's what I've heard is the best thing to do. But in your case... it sucks you got to do sumthin' comin up. I hate when that happens. Past couple of weeks I had this one zit right on the edge of my upper lip. This thing was huge. and didn't go away for like 2-3 weeks! I hope it never comes back. Well anways, I hope you find sumthin' that works.
  3. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    I think you can buy some anti-zit cream to use. It will speed up the healing process or so I heard
  4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Aug 12, 2003
    At home
    Toothpaste sort of works to dry it up - models use it.
    Obviously do not squeeze the zit what ever you you.

Getting out in the sun is good - always helps, or a sun lamp. I have a facial sun lamp for this time of year when the sun don't shine. It keeps those zits away.

Also be aware of the health problems involved with using a sun lamp.

If you end you using a cover stick - put a little green make up on it first - it works better. I steal my wife's make up for this part.
  5. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Well if its good enough for Heidi Klum, then its probably good enough for me. :)

I'm trying it now, and the toothpaste is very very tingly. Its either working, or the fluoride is protecting it. :p

Only time will tell, but hopefully not too much time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I always seem to get them a few days before something important is to happen, and then I try to get rid of it and it just gets worse!!

Actually, I think its okay to squeeze it if its older. NEVER squeeze a new one, but if you have left it there for a long time, popping it is so easy that it was bound to come out by itself anyway. That's why squeezing a new one will just make it sore and inflamed. Also, ones with full "heads" (?) are pop-able, but its probably better to do it with a pin.

Anyway, I find that the secret is not to touch your face, to keep your hands clean (so that if you touch/scratch your face accidentally, its no biggie), and to avoid washing your face often.
  6. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
  7. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Jul 17, 2002
    nar in Gainsborough, me duck
    I read somewhere that sperm is really good for the skin :eek:
    Don'tthink you can buy it over the counter though, well not a Chemists counter.
  8. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Work up a sweat on a consistent basis through exercise. It helps to keep the pores clean and bacteria free.

As for a pimple that currently exists, best just to wait until it heals.
  9. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2005
    Perth, Oztrailya
    This is no mere coincidence - stress can induce zits/acne. Stress raises cortisone levels (a hormone) which in turn can affect the prduction of oils in your skin, which block pores and allow bacteria to multiply...

try to keep cool man! Ever noticed how you can get colds or something after a stressful time such as exams? It can have the same detrimental effect on your imune system too.
  10. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2005
    Perth, Oztrailya
    Ah, that ol' chesnut. There *could* be some truth in it - semen's full of nutritional goodies to keep our gametes happy. Perhaps l'Oreal or someone should sponsor clinical trials? There's an endless supply of the raw material! :D
  11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    any sort of calamine lotion or poison ivy cream will dry it up the fastest. tried it once back in high school and it worked like a charm. dont use too much though... just enough to cover the little bugger
  12. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2004
    The Alpha Quadrant
    Pop that sucker! That's what I always do....
    no scars to speak of, either...
  13. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003

if you're going to pop a zit you should put hot compresses on it and wash it well with soap first. Also you could daub a bit of alcohol on it then pop it. Make sure its ready to in white head and pressurized.

Then wash it again and don't touch it again.

Clean towels.

You could also poke it with a sharp pin.
  14. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I just grew a beard to hide the few I get. Probably wouldn't work if you were female :eek: