How do I get screen savers?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Goodvibez, May 10, 2006.

1. Goodvibez macrumors newbie

Im not much of a computer guy.But how do I get screen savers or wallpaper.Somthing to look at other than the same blue screen.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Here's a place to start: Open your System Preferences and visit the "Desktop & Screen Saver" section.

3. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Apple Downloads is a section with tons of screensavers if you want to have a loook. JUst download the file, unzip and double click. And then just go to the System Preferences-Screen Saver and select the one you want.

As for Desktop wallpaper, if you have any in iPhoto that you like, there's a button on the bottom to set the selected photo as the Desktop.

Hope this helps.

::20ROGERSC::

4. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

try deviantart.com, theapplecollection.com, interfacelift.com they all have lots of wallpaper, as far as screensavers go to apples.com and look in the downloads section..

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    G force

The Craziest screensaver I've seen, and have is called "G-Force" I have the platinum edition i think...

I have dual displays, and both displays run seperate g force screensavers at the same time.....psycadelic maddness....

Also, the iTunes album art screensaver rules...

7. ricksbrain macrumors regular

You can also download some awesome pictures at Macdesktops.com and make them your wallpaper, or screensaver. On my 23" screen, the pics are beautiful.