How do I get video off of iPod Touch 4g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smallnshort247, Oct 28, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

Hey all. I recorded a few videos on my iPod Touch 4G but I can't seem to figure out how to get them off of it and on my mac. I remember when I first plugged an iPod into my Mac, there would be an iPod icon on my desktop that allowed me to use my iPod as an external hard drive too. I however don't remember how I disabled that feature. Any help would be great!

2. macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

I'll take this piece by piece, if you don't mind.

Open iPhoto and under the 'Devices' pane, click the name of your iPod. Select whichever videos you want on your Mac, and click 'Import Selected'. This is the easiest way to put iPod video on a Mac.

Unlike other iPod models, the iPod touch does not have disk use enabled natively. There is a fantastic program out there, however, called DiskAid (free trial, $9.95 full, http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid) that lets you use your iPod effectively as a USB storage drive.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

Thank you SO MUCH! I don't know why Apple just didn't make it this easy from the start. Its so much easier to do it on Windows. Anywho, that program you linked me to is great. Most likely gonna buy it if the software delivers. When I looked at it though, I probably would of bought it in a heartbeat if it were in the future Mac App store. Just a thought.

4. macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Sure thing. And as for the app, it just might be on the Mac App Store, since the File Sharing app it interfaces with is already on the iOS App Store.

5. macrumors regular

I want to know how to get video off of ipod touch 4g too, but im using Windows xp.

6. macrumors regular

ghostshadow

I use ImageCapture app in OS X. I don't know about XP but I would assume you should be able to do it through iTunes. You probably have to tell it to sync the video to the computer when you sync it in iTunes.

I am sure Windows has an option like this.
    [​IMG]