How Do I Hotkey Files Into The TRASH?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by WabeWalker, Jul 4, 2006.

1. WabeWalker macrumors member

I'm using a Macbook, and I find that having to drag a file all the way over to the trash bin (using the MacBook trackpad, of course) is tedious and troublesome - for one thing, I usually let go of the trackpad's button before I can actually dump the file into the trash. How annoying!

Well, in the FINDER menu I'm told that there's a combination involving three keys that I can use to shortcut a file straight to the TRASH after highlighting it.

Now bear with me here.

The three keys apparently are an up arrow, the command button, and a button that looks a bit like an arrow pointing to the left with an x in the middle of it.

What's the first key (the up arrow thing)? Is that supposed to be the 'page up' key? The second key I know - that's the command key. The third key completely eludes me. I've searched all over my keyboard and I can see no key that even resembles an arrow pointing left with an x in the middle of it.

Kind of a wordy question there. Still, these things need to be cleared up lest the problem persist.

(Also, I will give one million dollars to the first person who answers this question(s) for me. Thank you.)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Shift. The up arrow = shift.
    The box w/ x in it is the Delete/Backspace key (not to be confused with the "del" key).

Cmd+Delete = Trash selected item(s)
    Cmd+shift+Delete = Empty the Trash

edit: fixed

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Highlight file and press Command (Apple key) and delete.

4. WabeWalker thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thanks.

(And by the way I was only kidding about the millions dollars.)

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yeah too late.. my bill is already in the mail.