Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shov

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
hi,

i've got a couple of cds which have secret tracks hidden at the start of the cd so when you put the cd in a cd player you have to rewind from 0:00 on track 1 to hear them. does anyone know how i can get these into iTunes? it won't let me change the start time of the first track to a negative number.

cheers.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I don't have an answer to your question, but it's an interesting one. What CDs are they if I might ask?

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Can you open the cd in Finder, and find the WAV files? Cause then you can drag those into iTunes, and then convert them to something more compressed.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I've got an Einstürzende Neubauten CD like that. There are a few others out there.
As n-abounds says: Find the file on the cd, through Finder, and copy then convert.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
My CD of 'Crossing The Red Sea With The Adverts' is like that but in Finder all that you see are the regular tracks.

shov

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
they're two super furry animals albums: guerilla and their b-sides compilation out spaced. the annoying thing is the secret track on guerilla is the best on the album!

thelowB

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2006
You might try and record the track off your CD player onto your HD using QuickTime Pro or some other audio editing software like Garageband.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
they're two super furry animals albums: guerilla and their b-sides compilation out spaced. the annoying thing is the secret track on guerilla is the best on the album!

Theres a secret track on Outspaced as well? I knew Guerilla had one (its called Citizens Band) but i've just realised that I've not got a working CD player in my house to find out! Bum!

PS: Radiator is their best album

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Any chance it's a hidden file? Someone hop on Terminal to see...

Wish I had a cd that did this so I could help ya...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.