How do I install winterboard themes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by arykmax, Sep 25, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I have WinSCP open but I do not see any folder that says Themes. Do I make my own folder or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. macrumors 601

3. macrumors 6502

No themes folder

under library when ssh?? What am i doing wrong??

4. macrumors 601

You aren't in the root directory if you don't see a Library folder. You're probably in user directory.

5. macrumors newbie

I know this is really old but I'm hoping you found a solution to the problem as I'm in exactly the same boat. In Library I only have the following folders.

AddressBook
    Cookies
    Keyboard
    Lockdown
    Preferences

From what I can see online there should be a lot more, including the all important Themes one....... please help.

6. macrumors 6502a

pixelated

As you have the exact same problem i'm surprised you didn't follow the advice that has already been given.

7. macrumors newbie

Yes, I would have been surprised too if I hadn't followed the advice, but as the list was from what is inside the root - library folder then I would like to know why the themes, ringtones folders are missing and how I get to them.

Thanks

8. macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Gosh, i am surprised you STILL haven't followed the advice. Your are NOT in the correct library folder, you are navigating to it incorrectly and there isn't any more advice people can give you.

It is in /library/themes...or like the general put it in the second post
    You are in var/root/library , which is not correct, like /user/library or /mobile/library or any other library folder that isn't /LIBRARY

9. macrumors newbie

Sorry my mistake, thought I had found the right folder but obviously not.

OK getting closer, now have library and there is what seems to be a shortcut to themes but it says "Directory Not Found" when I click on it.

Thanks for the help.

10. macrumors 6502a

pixelated

you have Winterboard installed right?;) The shorcut takes me to /Var/stash/Themes.ib009 so check there to see if you can see it.

11. macrumors newbie

Yep, sure do, was able to install from Cydia but wanted some that were not on there.

Sweet, I've got a Themes folder there and can see the other themes. Thanks for taking time to point me in the right direction.

12. macrumors newbie