How do I make a PDF that can be filled in on the web?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aniej, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Essentially I am looking to make a basic PDF that has some some questions listed on it followed by blank space for people to fill out. I have seen this several times, but don't know how to go about creating one myself. The easiest example I can give is the IRS tax form, as much as it pains me to look at that form. You will notice it allows for saving the information that was filled in, not just one time editing. Thanks very much.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I've used Acrobat Pro to create web-based forms although the data returned from needs a bit of processing and parsing. Not sure if Acrobat Standard can create forms...

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to be clearer about what you want. Your IRS forms example is not an example of filling-in a form on the Web. You complete them, print them out, and mail them in. You can use Adobe Acrobat Professional to create forms like these. When I want a fillable PDF form, I use Acrobat Pro. However, it is something of a PITA to use. Ovis pdf-Office is cheaper and dedicated to PDF forms creation. It is part of a suite of PDF applications and may be found and purchased at Universe Software's website. Trial versions are available for download.