How do I make a screenshot in Windows with a Mac keyboard?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sonneta, Dec 3, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2007
  2. macrumors newbie

Dec 3, 2008
    Hello! You have to press

Forward Delete in Windows - Fn+Delete
    Print Screen in Windows - F14
    Backspace in Windows - Delete
    Insert in Windows - Help

If you don't have the F14 key, press FN+Shift+F11

Good luck!

Edit: Here are more function keys in BootCamp ^_^

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2007
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2013

For Windows 7, you can also try using the Start->All Programs -> Accessories -> Snipping Tool. Youn right click on the Snipping Tool and "Pin to Task Bar" to make it easier to access.
    Or Run...(windows key+R) and enter SnippingTool.exe
    Or you can just press the windows key and start typing Snipping Tools.
  5. macrumors newbie

Apr 16, 2012
    Screenshot in Bootcamp

Hi! I have a MacBook with Windows 7 Home Premium on the Bootcamp side. I am trying to take a screen shot on my MacBook keyboard on the Windows 7 side--I have tried every combination of commands on every Apple board, and it is not working for me, nor do I have the Snipping tool. I can do it the old-fashioned way and simply print the item I wanted to share and then mail it to the person, but emailing a screen shot sure would save time. HELP! Again, tried the fn+Shift+F11, fn+Shift+Option+f11, Command+Shift+3 (which brings up the Windows Media Player), and Command+Shift+4 (which brings up the WinZip Self-Extractor). Any other ideas for taking a screenshot on a MacBook keyboard using the Windows 7 Home Premium side? Thank you.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

Jun 26, 2012
    You have to paste the image into an image editing program and save it. Windows does not automatically create a screen cap like OS X does.

Follow this workflow to get your screen capture:
    1) print screen (look above to find the right button combo)
    2) open MS Paint
    3) paste (ctrl+v)
    4) save the image

Alternatively, you can use a third party tool like Gyazo to streamline this.