How do I make my Mac do THIS?! =O

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EssentialParado, Jul 31, 2006.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwZX3P3lXiU

I have tried playing with the speech preferences and I can do all the standard stuff, like switching applications, quitting, zooming window, but how do I set it up to do exposé or open new windows in safari or even go to websites?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Speakable Items is actually quite powerful. Try this link for info on enabling Exposé functions. You can use similar tactics to develop new commands.

With Speakable Items enabled, if you say "Define a keyboard command," you can set up basically any menu item, either globally for things that are standard or in a single app. For instance, you can set Command-N to be activated whenever you say "New Window."

3. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

wow now i am def gonna mess around with my speech settings

4. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

Cool, thanks for the link. I already saw that but couldn't get it to work (nothing happened when I said "define a keyboard command") but I persevered and it worked eventually. Sore throat now, though =(

Interested to see how customizable it can be. Would be cool if it did speech-to-text too. Then we could navigate completely.

5. Shananra macrumors newbie

If microsoft has taught us anything recently, it's that speech-to-text has a little waise to go before it is practical. I'd say have them improve the system first, then we can talk about speech-to-text. :cool:

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000