How do I mark a cancelled event in Calendar?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by aajeevlin, Jan 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Okay, so I googled this quite a bit and maybe I'm just not using the right keyboard. How do I cancel (not just delete) an event on calendar? I don't want the event to be deleted as in completely disappear, but I want it to indicate that it was cancelled. I know outlook has this function but I can't find that anywhere on calendar. Thanks for the help.

2. macrumors 68000

James Craner

iCal does not have a cancel status, However there is a workaround. Create a new calendar (File>New Calendar)called Cancelled, and then right click on the event choose Get Info and move the event from your normal Calendar to your Cancelled Calendar.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, thanks. I guess that's some what disappointing. Maybe I'll look into some what calendar.

4. macrumors 65816

nefan65

Pretty much what James stated...create a new Calendar called Canceled.

If it's a meeting request, or event that has gone out to others, you can delete it and a message is sent to others that it's been canceled. You cannot add notes to it, or the reason why. It just sends an email and removes it from the calendar.

5. macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

Use Wunderlist instead.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Will look into it.

7. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Edit the Event, inserting "Cancelled" into it?

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I have been doing, it is a fine work around. But just doesn't feel streamline enough.