how do i move a window in osx?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by andrewface, Feb 7, 2007.

1. andrewface macrumors regular

andrewface

i just installed amsn and for some reason its off the side of the screen...i cant get it back to the main screen...whats the shorthand way of doing this cause its pissing me off!!!

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

Did you try using Exposé (F11 by default) to select the window?

3. andrewface thread starter macrumors regular

andrewface

yes of course but when i click to select the window all the windows go back the original position making amsn fly back off the screen

4. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Any chance you can press the green button beside the close and minimize button on the window? That makes it appear on the screen no matter where it is

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm not familiar with how aMSN is set up, but does it have a Window menu where you can choose Zoom? That will perform the same function as the green button, but it's in an accessible menu.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If nothing else works, you could find its preferences to check for window positions and change the numbers to somewhere toward the centre of the display.

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Is your display capable of a higher resolution than that at which it is current set? If so, temporarily switch to a higher screen resolution and perhaps your window will become available. Just a thought. :)