How do I open a .djvu file?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kjs862, Jan 20, 2009.

1. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

I did a search on it, but didn't find anything. What is the best program to open a .djvu file?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Not sure where you searched, but a quick Google search found a lot of info- you can find three Mac compatible programs to open .djvu files here to get you started. Just Google "djvu" if you need more.

3. kjs862 thread starter macrumors 65816

kjs862

Thank you. I downloaded the standalone program to view the file (not plugin), however it doesn't give me the option of printing. Is this typical with djvu files and if so is there a way around this?

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well I don't really know anything about the .djvu files in general, but I downloaded the second viewer in the list (listed as DjVuLibre DjView) and then went out and downloaded a random .djvu file and the print function showed up fine as an icon in the program (see attached screenshot- the second icon) as well as in the Mac "File" menu as the standard "Print..." selection. Both ways of printing worked fine for me.

Attached Files:

5. kjs862 thread starter macrumors 65816

kjs862

Alright I downloaded the third viewer on the list, and for some reason that program doesn't have print functionality. After downloading the one that you said I was all OK. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc