Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
I decided to submit my senior project report via a webpage and have published the webpage but my Professors have found it hard to print it. I have tried myself to print it from a Windows PC and find it difficult. Is there something I am missing? Can I print it directly from within iWeb?

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
Are you using Firefox or IE on the Windows machine?

Whenever I try and open the webpage using Firefox, it freezes. I believe it has something to do with the Quicktime movies I have embedded.

With IE, I can see the webpage, but when I print the page all that prints out is three blank pages and then the fourth page has what should look like the text but is all mangled.

I noticed that when the webpage is published, it converts everything minus the Quicktime movies into pictures. This will be something that Apple is going to have to fix. You can't even highlight text! Hopefully this is all fixed in iLife '07.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Whenever I try and open the webpage using Firefox, it freezes. I believe it has something to do with the Quicktime movies I have embedded.

With IE, I can see the webpage, but when I print the page all that prints out is three blank pages and then the fourth page has what should look like the text but is all mangled.

I noticed that when the webpage is published, it converts everything minus the Quicktime movies into pictures. This will be something that Apple is going to have to fix. You can't even highlight text! Hopefully this is all fixed in iLife '07.

Text is converted to an image if you use a non web standard font. To avoid font conflicts on the end users computer. Its a good feature.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
Text is converted to an image if you use a non web standard font. To avoid font conflicts on the end users computer. Its a good feature.

If I use a web-friendly font, then will I have the option of highlighting the text? Arial, Times Roman, Garamond are all web-friendly, aren't they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.