How do i put one image on top of another?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by LondonGooner, Dec 6, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Sorry if this is wrong section guys.

But basically I need to know if there is a way I can say put a small image (3cm*3cm for example) on top of a larger image (20cm * 20cm for example).

Is there any software built into Mac OS or something free which lets me do this easily? Thanks for help

2. macrumors 6502

Nothing built in will do this but you can download the Photoshop trial (will take a while), Pixelmator is a more simplifed photo editor that also has a free trial and lastly you could try your luck with the open source app Gimp but I have never been able to get much done in it.

3. macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

If all you want to do is take a small image, Select All, then paste onto larger image, you can do this in Preview.

Cheers!

Jim

4. macrumors 6502

Oh, never knew about that. Doesn't offer much control but good to know for quick composting.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Jim mate, thanks, that was exactly what I needed :)

6. macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

It'll do basic cut-outs as well, plus limited colour correction.

Since 10.5, it's become a bit of an underrated gem in the OS - you can re-order PDF pages, extract individual pages to a separate document, drag multiple PDFs into the same document, mark up and annotate.

I wouldn't recommend trying to produce press-ready PDFs with it, but for everyday stuff, it's infinitely preferable to Acrobat.

Cheers!

Jim