How do I reinstall Safari only?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EasyB, Jun 1, 2005.

1. EasyB macrumors member

EasyB

I have been using Safari for a few years and like it allot. A month ago I did a clean install of Tiger. I am also running Saft on it too. All versions are the latest. I have tried restarting Safari, Deleting Plist, Deleted Icons.

The problem is that it will work far about 10-15 min and then pages fail to load. It got better after I lost the Icons, before that I got about 5 min out of it. So I want to reinstall Safari, Without reinstalling the rest of the OS. Is this possible? OR any other ideas?

Thanks
    B

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

3. ATRAX macrumors newbie

ATRAX

Insert your 10.4 DVD and search for Safari. You should find a Safari.pkg file on the DVD that will allow you to install Safari by itself.

4. Claudia macrumors member

So i've been trying to install Apple Works 6.0 on to my iBook, I am currently running Tiger. First off, I purchased my iBok last Nov. and i only have TWO installation disks for Panther, my friend has three, am I missing a disk? Second off, when I open up the two Panther disks, all I find are the following files, "Mac OS X Installation & Bundles" "Install only bundled software" So where would i find these .pkg files?

Thanks!

Claudia

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You need to use Pacifist, as noted (and linked) earlier in the thread.

6. Claudia macrumors member

Well I am using Pacifist, so I insert my Panther disks, then I open pacifist and I click "open package." But the only files it finds are the "Install MacOSX & bundled applications" and "Install bundled applications only." So, i dont where to go from there and how to find the .pkg files. I apologize for not making that clear.

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Open Pacifist -> Open Package -> Navigate to Panther CD1 (or DVD) -> System/Installation/Packages/EssentialSystemSoftware.mpkg -> Click Open -> click the twisty next to Essentials -> click the twisty next to Applications -> Select Safari.app -> Click Install (at the top of the Pacifist window).

8. hob macrumors 68020

hob

If you need to update to the latest Safari after getting the .App off the DVD, download 10.4.7 (newest OS X with Safari update) and run it through Pacifist again, choosing "upgrade" when it tells you you already have Safari installed.

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Er, any particular reason why we're mentioning this in a year-and-a-half old thread about Safari for Panther? :confused: