How do I remain logged in to forums like this?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MK25toLife, Mar 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I have a number of forums I like to visit and once I leave Safari it logs me out of the forum and I have to keep logging back in. As you can imagine this is extremely annoying. I did some research and people brought up autofill but that doesnt work once I leave Safari. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this

2. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Have you tried a different browser? I'm not sure what you are using but I nearly always use my iPad to browse forums. I use the google browser rather than safari and it remembers me just fine. I'm still on a PC at the moment, but again I use Chrome there and it doesn't keep me logged in but will remember my password and user name so it's just a click to get back in.

3. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Assuming that you are checking the "Remember me?" checkbox when logging in, it sounds like you have your web browser set to delete cookies when you Quit. Cookie settings are in your Safari preferences.

If you are using the Safari Cookies cookie manager extension (one I recommend) then you have several options controlling which cookies to keep or remove when you Quit Safari.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I dont know why this got moved from the ipad forum, i am referring to being logged out when using my ipad

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Because it relates to logging into this site, regardless of which device is being used.
    Thanks for this suggestion! Very helpful tool!