Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prophet8511

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Hello, I cannot find any tutorial on my question. I recorded someone and they bumped the mic stand. How can I remove just that little bump without re recording the whole verse? Im using Logic 8. Sorry if this is a really easy question.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I've not used Logic, but I imagine it's similar....

There should be a tool where you can select just that waveform or area of noise and delete it. If the noise happened over audio you need to keep, then you may be out of luck.

salientstimulus

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
It's kind of a last ditch way to do it, but: double click on the audio track, then select the offending sound as selectively as you can in the sample editor window, then 'Functions>Silence'. You'll probably have to play around with it a bit to get it to sound ok, if it's even possible.

Alternatively, you can use the pencil tool (from the mouse menu in the upper right corner) to actually draw the waveform yourself, but yeah, that's not easy.

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
try using the auto heal tool in adobe soundbooth... or spectrum analyzer and find the sound and turn it down w/o effecting the other sounds

prophet8511

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
hey thanks for all the suggestions guys.. im not a logic EXPERT but im fairly knowledgeable.. anyway the bump is during him singing so any silent or muting will be obvious and cut part of the word out.. there has to be a way to mute out some frequency or something but I dont know how to find what freq it is or howto EQ it out... Ill try the Izotope thing and let you guys know..

prophet8511

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Ok the Izotope sepctro something lets you do that.. thanks alot would expect anything less here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.