Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
all at once?

There are over 100 apps in my iTunes which I no longer want or use on my iPhone

How do I get rid of them all? Can I just delete the apps folder or will that remove them from my iphone?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
all at once?

There are over 100 apps in my iTunes which I no longer want or use on my iPhone

How do I get rid of them all? Can I just delete the apps folder or will that remove them from my iphone?
If you want to delete them, right click, and select delete.
If you just want to remove them from your phone, connect your phone to iTunes, click on your device in the left pane, select apps from the device menu that pops up when you connect your device (not the left pane), select which apps you want on your phone. There is also a help tab in iTunes that will explain this.

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Not exactly what I mean

say I have 100 apps that I deleted on my iphone but not on itunes. How do I delete them all at the same time?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Not exactly what I mean

say I have 100 apps that I deleted on my iphone but not on itunes. How do I delete them all at the same time?
One at a time in iTunes, or you may be able to select them all and then delete them. If you go to the folder where the .ipa's are stored, and delete them there, you stand a chance of corrupting iTunes.

Last edited:

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
What if I delete all apps in my itunes.. will it really delete them on my iphone?

Hook'Em2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Plano, TX
You can't delete them from your phone and itunes at the same time unless your phone is contacted to your computer and itunes at the same time. I know its a pain to delete dumb apps one by one in iTunes but I havent figure out another way quite yet

MacBookPr0

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can select all of them by dragging over then then dragging to trash in OSX

BASRification

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
Texas
Yes. If you delete the apps from iTunes, then they will be deleted next time you sync your iPhone. That is the whole point of syncing. To match the data between your computer and phone.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
unless you disabled the warning when you delete everything in itunes and plug your phone in it will say there are apps on your phone that are not in itunes. do you want to put them in itunes you should say yes. So the best way is to reset the warnings so it will ask.

John Benitez

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
Go to the Apps tab in the sidebar of iTunes “Click” on the app you don’t want and press the "Delete" button on your keyboard now your app will be deleted. If you want to select multiple apps at once then hold down Ctrl button while clicking and then press delete button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.