How do I remove apps in my iTunes I don't want?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Feb 20, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

all at once?

There are over 100 apps in my iTunes which I no longer want or use on my iPhone

How do I get rid of them all? Can I just delete the apps folder or will that remove them from my iphone?

2. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

If you want to delete them, right click, and select delete.
    If you just want to remove them from your phone, connect your phone to iTunes, click on your device in the left pane, select apps from the device menu that pops up when you connect your device (not the left pane), select which apps you want on your phone. There is also a help tab in iTunes that will explain this.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Not exactly what I mean

say I have 100 apps that I deleted on my iphone but not on itunes. How do I delete them all at the same time?

4. JamesMB, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011

macrumors 65816

JamesMB

One at a time in iTunes, or you may be able to select them all and then delete them. If you go to the folder where the .ipa's are stored, and delete them there, you stand a chance of corrupting iTunes.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

What if I delete all apps in my itunes.. will it really delete them on my iphone?

6. macrumors 68040

eastercat

When you sync them, it will.

7. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

I thought you said that you already deleted them on your phone.

8. macrumors 6502

You can't delete them from your phone and itunes at the same time unless your phone is contacted to your computer and itunes at the same time. I know its a pain to delete dumb apps one by one in iTunes but I havent figure out another way quite yet

9. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can select all of them by dragging over then then dragging to trash in OSX

10. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

Select them all using the shift or command key, right click, and select delete.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohh ok what I mean is that if I delete ALL apps in itunes, will it delete them on my iphone, even the ones I want to keep?

12. macrumors member

Yes. If you delete the apps from iTunes, then they will be deleted next time you sync your iPhone. That is the whole point of syncing. To match the data between your computer and phone.

13. macrumors 68000

steve knight

unless you disabled the warning when you delete everything in itunes and plug your phone in it will say there are apps on your phone that are not in itunes. do you want to put them in itunes you should say yes. So the best way is to reset the warnings so it will ask.

14. macrumors member

Go to the Apps tab in the sidebar of iTunes “Click” on the app you don’t want and press the "Delete" button on your keyboard now your app will be deleted. If you want to select multiple apps at once then hold down Ctrl button while clicking and then press delete button.