How do I remove the iDisk icon from my desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuchichan2524, Jan 4, 2006.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

I was playing around with a .mac trial account and got the iDisk icon on my desktop. When I try to drag it to the trash bin the trash bin changes and says eject, but nothing happens when I release the mouse. It seems that there is no way for me to delete this icon. If anyone knows how I can remove it I would be very appreciative.

btw...I was not very impressed with .mac.

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

System Preferences -> iDisk ->Advanced -> turn off syncing and then you can get rid of the icon on desktop.

3. chuchichan2524 thread starter macrumors regular

4. jaspertang macrumors newbie

how do i remove the idisk icon but still use the sync features? i mean i don't want it to clutter my desktop, i just want to see it on my finder.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Go to Finder Preferences and untick Connected Servers.

Attached Files:

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

What do you mean by sync features? iDisk syncing or syncing in general (i.e. iCal and Address Book)?

7. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

REMOVE IDISK all of it!

Recently Ir reinstalled my macbook because of a buch of messed up junk after I ran disk utility. Then I found out it was OK, anyway. I notice now that I have the old idisk icon. I know how to get rid of the icon(see above) BUT its still in GO/Idisk. I want it gone. I cant logon. I see no way to get rid of it except to pay for another year.That cant be right. Aeverything is greyed out. I am unable to change anything on Sys prefs, Mobilme/Idisk. I tried resetting syncs on isync.app. Didnt help. Really getting flustered with this thing. ALSO I no longer have my Macbook icon on sidebar. Any ideas? thanks

Attached Files:

8. wilco5 macrumors newbie

iDisk

Go to System prefs Mac.

If you have a username and password still in the frame, delete them and then restart.
    Worked for me and sanity returns

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Go to finder->preferences->sidebar and check the macbook icon

10. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

iDisk icon removal

Longtime ago I posted this. back when I was a mac neophyte. Since then I have learned to live w/o windoze completely. My desktop even has ubuntu on it. Windoze totally gone.byebeye. I fixed the sidebar thing wthin minutes of the post but to this day I still have it on dropdown menu. Wont goway. See
    giffile.

Attached Files: