how do i rewrite to a cd-rw in itunes???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigben334, Jul 10, 2006.

1. bigben334 macrumors regular

i want to add songs to my cd-rw but i cant figure out how to do it in itunes....can somebody please help?? thanks

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Just drag the songs over to the cd icon in the left side until you have all the songs you want then click burn. If you mean burn one song here or there you can't (you could but you would have to erase it first and start again).
    I hope this answers your Q :)

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

As AD mentioned, I don't think it's possible to append songs to a CD-RW in iTunes. You'd need to reburn the disk.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong here, though.

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

This is the one thing I miss using windows, I could put a cartoon on a cd-rw everyday until the said cd-rw was full then go to another one. Same with my music or video clips. Some day this will change (I hope) but if anyone knows how to do this please give a shout ;)

5. andrewheard macrumors regular

Supposedly Toast can do it but it would only work with data cds, not music. Don't ask for instructions because my mac is being repaired. :mad:

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I find any software implementation of packet writing (Such as Toast provides) to be unreliable and generally painful. Mt. Rainier will fix that, so I hope Apple will add CD-MRW support in 10.5.

B