How do I set up a local Ethernet network between my Tiger iBook and my Windows PC?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by the Falcon, Aug 6, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Jun 12, 2005
    How do I set up a local network through ethernet between my ibook, which runs Max OS X Tiger, and my PC, which runs Windows XP?
    I know how to physically connect the Ethernet cable between the two, but otherwise I'm clueless. What I basically want to do is migrate all of my old files on the PC to my new iBook, but I really can't get it to work. I really need to have network between the two, because it's really too much and too big stuff to put on CDs.
    Thanks for any help. Really.
  2. macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2005
    Perth, Oztrailya
    Best bet is robably to get a router with cable/ADSL modem built in so you can share an internet connection between the two machines as well.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 12, 2005
    Thanks. I tried using the forum search to find the answer, but that didn't turn up anything useful. Hopefully this thread has what I'm looking for. Thanks again! :)
  5. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Aug 4, 2005
    that thread says EXACTLY what you have to do...i had the same prob, i wanted to transfer about 20 gigs from that windows xp thing w/ my beautiful apple ibook...i set it up, and it worked like a charm..good luck :D