How do I set up a local Ethernet network between my Tiger iBook and my Windows PC?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by the Falcon, Aug 6, 2005.

1. macrumors member

How do I set up a local network through ethernet between my ibook, which runs Max OS X Tiger, and my PC, which runs Windows XP?
    I know how to physically connect the Ethernet cable between the two, but otherwise I'm clueless. What I basically want to do is migrate all of my old files on the PC to my new iBook, but I really can't get it to work. I really need to have network between the two, because it's really too much and too big stuff to put on CDs.
    Thanks for any help. Really.

2. macrumors demi-god

MacDawg

3. macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Best bet is robably to get a router with cable/ADSL modem built in so you can share an internet connection between the two machines as well.

4. macrumors member

Thanks. I tried using the forum search to find the answer, but that didn't turn up anything useful. Hopefully this thread has what I'm looking for. Thanks again! :)

5. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

that thread says EXACTLY what you have to do...i had the same prob, i wanted to transfer about 20 gigs from that windows xp thing w/e...to my beautiful apple ibook...i set it up, and it worked like a charm..good luck :D