How do I set up a scanner?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ghking, Sep 8, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2007
    My grandma is moving and she had this scanner that she didn't want anymore. It is a HP ScanJet 4300c. All I have for it is the power and USB cable. What do I have to do on my mac to be able to use it?
  2. macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2007
    Go to HP's website and download their HP Device Manager. Or, if you'd rather, buy a copy of VueScan.

Also, plug it in. :p
  3. macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2010
    how to set up my scanner?!!..

hi ive had no problems connecting my all in one printer to a pc, but now ive got a macbook pro and ive downloaded the driver and scan application but still i am not able to scan anything. everytime i click scan it opens up a troubleshooter. i can easily print but just cant use the scan function!

my all in one printer is the epson stylus office BX310FN with built in scanner.

is there anyone who has the same printer or knows how to connect this particular printer/scanner to mac os x.

4. macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Plug it in an open ImageCapture in your apps folder. It should recognise it unless its ancient.
  5. macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2010
    yup dat works!!.. :D

i couldnt scan using the epson scanning sftware so i thought there was no chance in anything else. i cant import straight into photoshop.. is it possible to scan in photoshop?
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2011
    New to Mac products

I am trying to install my HP printer/scanner and it will print but not scan. I tried plugging in with USB but still says no device detected. It is a HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m. Any suggestions out there?