how do i set up an audio stream?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Heart Break Kid, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

I'd like to set up an audio stream that streams music from itunes - something along the lines of shoutcast. i'v tried to work with shoutcast but its to damn confusing on the mac. if any1 can help me and give me step by step instructions on setting up a shoutcast streaming server, itd help me out greatly!

otherwise, any other suggestions would be of great help!
    thanks in advance

2. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

OH MAN! Look no further than Nicecast. It's easier than picking your nose, if that's your thing. Seriously, download it and you will have a streaming radio station in 30 seconds, no joke. It can't be beat. Period.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

You have to watch out with that, there are lots of laws to watch out for regarding streaming music, especially if you don't own it and haven't licensed it. Cough-Cough.

4. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Cough cough indeed

Deffently watch out on that issue some people just dont want us having any fun..

Shoutcast suffers a fair bit under the Mac and i am in the same situation looking for a online streamer.. Nicecast is an intresting one on me never heard of it gona give it a test now

_______

quick update ....

how dam easy is this Nicecast JEEZ WERES IT BEEN ALL MY LIFE lol