How do i stop Active Directory clashing with Rendezvous?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by ChrisH3677, Jun 28, 2004.

1. ChrisH3677 macrumors 6502a

When I've got the Active Directory service active, no Macs appear in the Finder Network. When I turn AD off, they all appear. My Mac is still visible on the other computers tho (they're not running AD services)

Is there anyway to make them show when AD services is running?

thanks

2. ChrisH3677 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just bumping this. I figure it got lost in all the excitement around Tiger. :D

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Open /Applicaltions/Utilities/Directory Access and then click on Samba (or SMB) and click configure. Put your Mac on the same workgroup as the PCs.

4. StevieStets macrumors newbie

YourMac.local

Sorry about your difficulties with Active Directory, but some 2003 servers will append the suffix *.local at the end of the DNS for intranet sites. This will cause difficulties with Rendezvous, and most administrators who are aware of this conflict will opt to not use *.local during the setup (they are given the open ended decision on what to use since it is their intranet and few words are reserved). All the SMB configuration in the world will not change this, this is done on the AD server configuration end.

5. ChrisH3677 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks 7on. that seemed to help a lot. i did have the workgroup set to something different to the other macs

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

hmm thanx